[NatureNS] Orioles

From: "Carl Haycock" <foggy@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:25:09 -0300

Hi all,

This a.m. I heard the rich calls of an oriole in my backyard. I walked
around for awhile with my glasses but couldn't find anything. As I returned
to the backdoor I heard it again, and saw it light in the willow. Then 2,
then 4, then a final total of 8 n.orioles all in a bunch.All in various
plumage, no bright orange on any of them but I think their was 3 males and 5
females. I put out some fruit but don't expect to see them again as a brisk
NW wind blew in behind the cold front and cleared all the cirrus and
cumulous clouds away turning the sky a bright blue. Perfect for them to move
on.

The only reason I make note of it is because I usually see the orioles in
the Spring.

Carl Haycock
Westport, Brier Island