[NatureNS] Eleanor's "moth"

Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 09:26:11 -0300
From: Eleanor Lindsay <az678@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

I have just Googled Mourning Cloak - and you are absolutely right! (I
tried at the time to Google it, but got buried in a welter of moths and
butterflies and gave up). I have no means of posting pictures here, but
would be happy to E-mail one or two to you directly if wanted. One other
thing: I noted at the time a few small drops of an almost raspberry-red
coloured substance directly below the cocoon (visible on a photo) which
I did not think had been there before the butterfly emerged; what would
this be?
Eleanor L.