[NatureNS] Wasp mimic or is it?

Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 23:10:12 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Angus MacLean <angusmcl@ns.sympatico.ca>

class=3D"A
I appreciate you calling me on this one, Stephen, as I know virtually
nothing about the differences. This other photo shows the wing(s) clearly
and I thought the clear vein (on the right) was the spurious vein of the
mimic.

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=239985082&size=o

Which features of the other image leads you to believe it is a "tachinid"
fly. In this pic I have difficulty seeing the features mentioned in the NAS
Guide.
Thanks,
Angus