[NatureNS] Canada Geese

From: Sherman Williams <sherm@glinx.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 08:51:28 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

The Canada Geese reports have motivated me to add my recent
observation. Friday (Aug11), while checking the tidal bore at Mantua
bridge, near Windsor, I saw a flock of approximately 45 Canada Geese
resting on the river sand flats of the St Croix River.  I have to say
that this was an unusual sighting for me. We get many geese in spring
and autumn but this is the first time I've encountered  a summer
flock this large around here.  In recent years I've seen one or two
isolated pairs in the Hantsport-Windsor area but this is a first for
so many (not that 45 is such a large group for Canada Geese).

    Sherman

Sherman Williams
sherm@glinx.com
website:  http://www.glinx.com/~sherm