[NatureNS] Fly image

From: Steve Shaw <srshaw@dal.ca>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 02:53:51 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Dave:   "doubtfully Nearctic" says Manual of Nearctic Diptera (1987),
vol 2, page 741 near the end of the key, but not much else there; no
pictures in the syrphid chapter that I could see.  The same page does
reference this Palumbia to a a syrphid paper by F.C. Thompson (1975),
Proceedings of the entomological Soc of Washington vol 77, pages
291-305, so it's just possible there's an illustration there.
Apparently there's only the one species in N. America, inflata.
Not much use, but maybe something to follow up if it is important to
you and you didn't know this already.
Steve
On 12-Aug-06, at 4:39 PM, David & Alison Webster wrote:
> Dear All,            Aug 12, 2006
>    Can anyone direct me to an image of Palumbia inflata (Macquart);
> [Syrphidae] ?
> Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville
Steve Shaw
Chocolate Lake