[NatureNS] Where are all the Mourning warblers?

From: "Ken McKenna" <kenmcken@pchg.net>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 07:37:12 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C6B53D.4D7B8150

Ken McKenna
Box 218 Stellarton NS
B0K 1S0
902 752-7644
kenmcken@pchg.net

Hi all
    I have had Mourning Warblers in a number of atlas squares in the =
Antigonish- Pictou areas. I had a pair with young nearby yesterday in =
the James R. square. I find that recent cutovers are good, but once the =
growth gets too high they move elsewhere. I still had a Black-billed =
Cuckoo calling yesterday in the French R. square in an area I had one =
call a few weeks ago. There still seem to be a good number of birds that =
can be confirmed in this area, but soon I supose that birds will be =
migrating. I had a Junco on eggs yesterday and managed to get =
Black-backed Woodpeckers in the Haggart's L. area.=20

cheers
    Ken
  ----- Original Message -----=20