(No Subject)

having read this.

Neal livingston with his black brook power (a 'residental' water turbine
on a stream through his property) after years of effort got a PUB ruling
requiring NSP to allow sale to them at their average generating cost based
on net meter reading  (IE, meter goes one way when he draws power the
other when he supplies.)

The arguement was that because they are an effective monopoly NSP couldn't
use their position to exclude others from production or sale - it wasn't
in the public interest.

This was perhaps 15 years ago??

Please correct me if i've got it wrong.

Colin