Assistance Needed

Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 00:02:22 -0400 (AST)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Dragon & Butterfly Tattoo <dbtattoo@chebucto.ns.ca>

Hi James,

    From our 'PLUS Setup for XP' page:

    Here are the instructions for setting up a Microsoft Windows XP
computer to use a Chebucto Plus graphical access connection to the
Internet.

    1. Click on the Windows XP Start button and select Control Panel.

    2. Select Network and Internet Connections.

    3. Select Set up or change your Internet connection.

    4. Select Connections tab then click Setup button.

    5. Select Dial-up to private network.

    6. Put in the Chebucto Plus phone number: 494-6744.  Should you
require it, the area code is 902.  If your Aliant telephone has Call
Waiting, you can stop it from disrupting your Internet connection by
putting this in front of the phone number: *70,,  The asterix seven
zero disables Call Waiting while you are online with an Aliant phone
connection.  This option reportedly does not work with Eastlink phone
service.  Do not use the *70 prefix with an Eastlink phone connection.
The two commas make the modem pause a moment before dialing the rest
of the phone number.  If you are disabling your Call Waiting, the
phone number should look like this: *70,,494-6744

    7. Call your connection Chebucto Plus and then press Finish.

    8. Your Chebucto Plus connection is now set up.  You can select
whether you want to have your modem set to automatically dial the
Internet when you run a program that requires Internet access or not.
Press OK when you are done.

    9. You can connect using a desktop icon to Chebucto Plus; or by
following the Connect to: link from the Windows XP Start button.  Use
your username and Chebucto Plus password to connect.  Your username is
the part of your Chebucto email address before the "@" sign.  If your
Chebucto email address is example@chebucto.ns.ca, then your username
would be just example.  You have to use the Chebucto Plus password to
connect to the Internet.  This password is given to you by the
Chebucto Office and is only used to make the Chebucto Plus graphical
connection to the Internet.  The Chebucto Plus password will not work
to get access to your Chebucto email or files, which use a different
password.

    When you have successfully connected to the Internet, you will see
a connection icon in your Windows XP system tray.  When you see this,
you can run your Internet programs.  Double click on the connection
icon to disconnect from Chebucto Plus when you are done.

                                Mail settings:

      * POP3 (Receive mail) server: pop.chebucto.ns.ca
      * IMAP (Receive mail) server: imap.chebucto.ns.ca
      * SMTP (Send mail) server: smtp.chebucto.ns.ca

Tony @ CCN Help