current advice on int. browsers?

Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 17:44:12 -0400 (AST)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Stephen Noel <noel@chebucto.ns.ca>

Hi Steve,

    I don't use MS Word nor have I have seen any problem reports of others
using that program with Firefox.  I constantly import/export text and
information from WordPad to and from Yahoo using Firefox with no problem.
Try saving the document first to a plain text file and then accessing it
with Firefox to see if it's a print format problem.

    It's possible that MS Word's proprietary .doc format may not allow
programs such as Firefox easy access, but that is just a guess.  If that's
the problem then Microsoft may be requiring users to use IE only with MS
Word .doc files but I can't really see that being the case as that would
be counterproductive for even Microsoft, with their already ongoing
notoriety over non-competitive browser problems.

    You could try asking on the internet newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,
which I find is populated by gurus who seem to have a lot of knowledge on
programs and problems and I have never failed to get at least a lead to
follow regarding a problem, regardless of obscurity.  It may just be a
minor patch, fix or setting adjustment.  Also, if you were to ask at:
www.mozilla.com (makers of Firefox), they might have an answer for you if
it's a known problem.

CCN Help