Expired account

To: <editors@chebucto.ns.ca>
From: The Post Office <postmaster@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 18:59:11 -0300

--S119780AbSDJV7L=_/errmail/chebucto.ns.ca

One or more of the addresses you specified in the following message
are expired Chebucto Community Net accounts.

Your message is being returned unprocessed.

http://www.chebucto.ca/

error: acctexpired: hfxahm

--S119780AbSDJV7L=_/errmail/chebucto.ns.ca

Reporting-MTA: dns; chebucto.ns.ca
Arrival-Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 18:59:11 -0300

Final-Recipient: X-LOCAL; hfxahm
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-LOCAL; 500 (acctexpired)

--S119780AbSDJV7L=_/errmail/chebucto.ns.ca

To:	hfxahm
From:	editors
Subject: CCN IP Application for Asian Heritage Month Committee
Date:	Wed, 10 Apr 2002 18:59:06 -0300

Thanks for your application to become an information provider (IP) on
Chebucto Community Net.

PLEASE SAVE THIS MESSAGE.  It contains information on the steps in
becoming an information provider, along with an application for IP
training. It also contains some important suggestions for your website
design.

**Please Consider a Contribution**

CCN is free to use but not free to operate.

We need your support in order to support you.  Please consider making a
donation according to what your organization can afford. Any contribution
goes to support CCN services such as upgrading our functionality,
increasing our number of dial-in lines, developing our software, etc. and
thus works directly to your benefit. A website on the CCN is a two-way
partnership. We want to do our best to help you and your organization in
your work. We hope we can count on your support in helping us do that!

** The IP Agreement **

The next step is to download, complete and send the IP agreement to our
office. The IP agreement can be found on the IP pages. It can be reached
via via http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Services/IPsupport/index.html or on the
CCN type 'g ip' and follow the link "Send in the On-line IP Application
Form."

As part of completing the IP agreement, you must designate one or more
people, known as IP editors, who will be responsible for maintaining your
on-line information.

Please remember, the agreement should be signed by a person with signing
authority in your organization (if you are applying for an organization to
become an Information Provider).

** IP Training **

Please forward this message to each IP editor in your organization.

If they are new to computing and CCN they should first register for User
Training. Each IP Editor should complete the lines below and forward it to
training@chebucto.ns.ca.

Your e-mail (CCN user ID):
Course name:
Time:
Location:
IP Organization:

If they already have computing skills, they should each send a message to
training@chebucto.ns.ca requesting they be registered in IP Training.

Each should include a description of computing background and other
relevant information such as experience on CCN, internet experience, and
skills in HTML editing.

** Liaising With Your Editor **

Please work closely with your CCN Editor, who will be assigned to you
based on your directory placement:

1) check your material to ensure that it is technically correct

2) ensure you are aware of any CCN style or content guidelines

3) make sure the site adheres to the CCN IP Agreement.

CCN Editors need to do all of these things before they can link your files
to the main CCN pages. They can also help you speed up editing by alerting
you to possible problems in your files.

** Your IP Directory **

In order to create your IP directory we need to know a number of things.
Please liase with your CCN editor to help you decide on them.

a) THE NATURE OF YOUR ORGANIZATION

What does your organization do? Knowing this will help our editors to
determine both where in the CCN directory structure your directory should
be placed, and what page it should be linked to. In many cases this will
be obvious but in other circumstances you can provide us with assistance
(e.g. is your group a recreational or professional one, etc.) that will
help to best situate it.

b) DIRECTORY NAME

What name do you wish your directory to have? Longer names may be more
descriptive, but shorter ones are easier to type in URLs (e.g.
/YourOrganization vs. /YO).

Directory names must start with a capital letter (e.g. /YourOrganization
rather than /yourorganization).

c) HOME PAGE NAME

What will you name the home page? As above, longer names may be more
descriptive but shorter names are easier to write and remember. (e.g.
YourOrganization_home.html vs. home.html) N.B. if you call your home page
index.html you can omit the file name from your URL. However, please do
not create any files called index.html until after you have finished
training.

For example, if you are placed in the "CommunitySupport" area, and you
have chosen "YO" as your directory, and "index.html" as your home page,
your home page URL will be:

http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/CommunitySupport/YO

d) NAME FOR JUMPKEY TO DIRECTORY

Would you like to define a 'jumpkey' for your home page? If so, what
should it be? A jumpkey is activated on CCN by the 'i' command. It allows
readers to 'jump' directly to your home page from anywhere within the CCN.
It can be the same as the name of your mailing list, although it does not
need to be so.  (e.g. if 'yourorg' is your jumpkey typing 'I yourorg'
anywhere in the CCN will take readers directly to your home page.)

When all this has been decided, and when you have completed your CCN IP
Training, your IP directory will be created and you can install your files
in it.

After completing training, please EMail ccn-ip saying that you are ready
for your directory to be created. Once your CCN Editor has checked your
files, they can be linked to the CCN pages. If the files have already been
set up in the public directory of your CCN account, this check can be done
in advance.

e) TWO POINTS TO CONSIDER IN DESIGNING YOUR DOCUMENTS

1) We are asking all Information Provider sites to the CCN to include,
somewhere on their home page, a brief acknowledgement of the CCN and a
link back to the CCN Home Page. This is so that users arriving at your
site from other servers will know where your site is situated and will be
able to link back to the CCN. It should be roughly of the form:

We would like to acknowledge the generosity of the <A
HREF="../../Home.html">Chebucto Community Net</A> in making this site
possible.<p>

The exact choice of wording is up to you.

2) You may have noticed that the CCN pages have now