Request for CCN board to review Text Dialup

From: "Grace Paterson, Medical Informatics" <GPaterson@tupdean2.med.dal.ca>
To: ccn-board@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 13:30:15 -400
CC: ccn-tech@chebucto.ns.ca, editors@chebucto.ns.ca, board-advisors@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi David,
I look forward to reviewing your proposal with others in the CCN
board.  I agree with your guiding principles in the preface.  Is there
any measure that could be applied to a web page on CCN to say
whether or not it is completely or partially "text-readable"?  Some
sites use navigational aids that are graphical, or frames, and I
understand that would mean they were only partially text-readable.
I've used telnet to access CCN for it's text interface for past 3 years
at least, rather than dialup.  Is dialup used in CAP sites or any of the
public access terminals in Halifax libraries or PPP?

Grace

Grace Paterson, MSc, Clinical Informatician
Medical Informatics, Faculty of Medicine, Dalhousie University
L5, Tupper Building, 5849 University Avenue, Halifax, NS B3H 4H7
EMail: grace.paterson@dal.ca, Phone: 902-494-1764 Fax: 902-494-1642