What to Expect

From: sparker@chebucto.ns.ca
To: ccn-volunteers@chebucto.ns.ca, editors@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 13:23:40 -0300

For those who are still trying to make up their minds about our planning
    sessions this weekend, and for those who have already indicated they will
    attend:

    What to Expect

    1.  The evening before our Open Space Technology meeting, we will gather in
the
    main meeting room for a time of storytelling. Our facilitator, Susan Lilley,
    will lead us through an opportunity to tell stories of the past and present
of
    this organization. Through our stories, we remember and acknowledge our past
and
    present. Stories may be sad, mad, glad - all stories are welcome. It is up
    each of us to tell the stories that we would like to share with others. When
you
    come to our story telling evening, you will find the chairs set up in a
circle.
    Just help yourself to refreshments and sit wherever you would like in the
    circle. We will have refreshments available throughout the evening for you
    get up and enjoy at your leisure.

    2.  In the morning when you arrive for the Open Space Technology meeting,
you
    will enter a room set up with a circle of chairs. The facilitator will guide
us
    through instructions for the process. Together, we will create the agenda
for
    our time together, during the first forty minutes. Through the creation of
the
    agenda, leaders of topics will identify themselves. Participants will be
invited
    to sign up for the topics they are interested in. Participants will then
manage
    their own time and energy, attending sessions of interest. Leaders will be
    responsible for getting their topic going, and ensuring that a report is
entered
    to be posted on the newswall for all to read, and for entry into the book of
    proceedings.

    There will be a break for lunch for an hour, served buffet style. There will
be
    no formal coffee breaks, however beverages and food will be available for
you
    throughout out time and you are encouraged to be sure your own needs are
looked
    after.

    At the end of the day, we will gather in a circle to share any news. On
Sunday
    morning we shift into a different component of the meeting. When we gather
in
    our morning circle, we will each be given a copy of the book of proceedings
that
    we have created. We will have time to read this book, and then we will be
asked
    to vote for those topics that we each feel the most personal energy for.
this
    will identify our top vote-getters. We will spend the balance of the morning
    focusing on these top vote getters and developing concrete action plans for
next
    steps.  The final component of our meeting will be to gather in a circle for
    closing comments following the action planning. We will end at noon on
Sunday.
    Please note that only those who participate in the process may take part in
the
    voting on the final morning.

    3.  Following the Open Space meeting, copies of the book of proceedings
    including the action planning component will be available to anyone who
wants a
    copy. As well, we will post a copy of all of the proceedings and action
planning
    on the CCN website. The action plans will then be implemented according to
    "givens" that were noted at the beginning of this invitation.

 This mail was sent through the Nova Scotia Provincial Server,
 with technical resources provided by Chebucto Community Net.
 http://nsaccess.ns.ca/mail/         http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/