Chebucto Administration (was: Please just fix the colours)

From: sparker@chebucto.ns.ca
To: "Andrew D. Wright" <adw@chebucto.ns.ca>, Johnathan Thibodeau <am341@chebucto.ns.ca>, Bob Adams <bobadams@ns.sympatico.ca>,
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 15:28:33 -0300

Thank you, Andrew.

Your list nicely sets us up for next Tuesday's Board discussion about
supervision of volunteers, Chebucto processes and communication, designation of
resources (financial and human), timelines for implementation, and
accountability. It's all on the agenda.

Comments from anyone else?

Sharon

Quoting "Andrew D. Wright" <adw@chebucto.ns.ca>:

> 	I have to say that I find the incredible divisiveness and petty
> infighting over every issue here at Chebucto to be extremely disheartening
> and discouraging.

<much judicious snipping>

> 		The problems
>
> 	Exhibit A: new search engine for Chebucto - stalled.
> 	Exhibit B: e-commerce server - stalled, perhaps dead.
> 	Exhibit C: website modifications - stalled, pretty close to dead.
> There's been so much fighting over trivialities that the serious business
> of reorganizing the chaos that is our website has been totally forgotten.
> Pages have been converted to the new format, but the majority of the
> actual content hasn't altered in years.
> 	Exhibit D: proxy server - was stalled, now in testing (2nd time,
> first time ended up stalled).
> 	Exhibit E: IPDB - "The work is mostly done, you'll have it for the
> first week in June."
> 	Exhibit F: in-house domain name registration - stalled, probably
> dead.
> 	Exhibit G: in-house production of CD's - dead.
> 	Exhibit H: CCN fund-raising - dead.
> 	Exhibit I: reselling of Chebucto services (group discounts) -
> dead.
> 	Exhibit J: Reseau Communitaire - dead since 1998.
> 	Exhibit K: User training (PPP) - dead.
> 	Exhibit L: User training (Lynx) - moribund.
> 	Exhibit M: Technical Support (system problems) - selective,
> disorganized.
> 	Exhibit N: Technical Planning (future system expansion/upgrading)
> - stalled.
>
> 	There's more, but the gist is the same: there's no shortage of
> ideas and initiatives around here, but the bureaucracy and organizational
> inertia of Chebucto is so great that they don't get acted upon.
>
> 	Part of the problem is too many chiefs and not enough tribe, part
> of the problem is an unwillingness of Chebucto administration to act, part
> of the problem is undeclared or undefined agendas of key personnel, and
> part of the problem is that some people are making decisions on subjects
> they are not qualified to, for one reason or another.

 This mail was sent through the Nova Scotia Provincial Server,
 with technical resources provided by Chebucto Community Net.
 http://nsaccess.ns.ca/mail/         http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/