Proposed change to CCN template

Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 22:22:02 -0300
From: bobadams@ns.sympatico.ca (Bob Adams)
To: Johnathan Thibodeau <am341@chebucto.ns.ca>
CC: "Douglas J. McCann" <aa935@chebucto.ns.ca>, "David L. Potter" <potter@chebucto.ns.ca>, ccn-webmaster@chebucto.ns.ca, Editors@chebucto.ns.ca,

&gt; &gt; &gt; would 'disa

The CGI-generated page Donna Randell refers to (and needs) mistakenly
spits out two colors for link and vlink that are both almost black.
   link="#Oc6c87" vlink="#004d46">
On most old monitors it will likely look like both are indeed black. I
can't imagine that was the intention.

Changing one character in the the vlink (the first) to  vlink="#F04d46">
results in a bright red. The link itself should be a conventional blue.

Then those doing serious genealogical research would clearly see which
lines are links (blue), and which of those 300+ inks (blue) they have
already visited (red). It would save them an enormous amount of time and
confusion.

If (as it seems) we are reluctant to vary from the black-on-black
scheme, Donna and others involved with this site might be advised to
place it on Tripod or FreeYellow or any number of free sites that do not
have such design constraints.

Bob Adams
IP Training
464-9258