various tasks and such

Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 10:24:25 -0300 (ADT)
From: "David L. Potter" <potter@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Mark Rushton <Mark@chebucto.ns.ca>, ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Mark...

This is likely to take a little time... ;-( It probably should be done in
conjunction with the work on the IPDB.

Currently the ipe1 is only listed in the (unix) group file... this is
probably subject to a re-think with respect to having a 'webmaster'
account that differs from the 'email' account.

The new structure allows for both a 'signing officer' and 'webmaster'
contact (email). It's likely that in some cases

1) the signing officer is not looking after the website, and
2) the webmaster is not necessarily part of the organization

In this case we wouldn't have a 'reliable' address that can be used for
liason by editors...? We almost need contact information for the
"Organization Liason" ...

This may in fact be the same as either signing officer or webmaster...

...and this email address should be inserted into the IPDB and into
IP-DIR.

For a while we're going to have old style ipe1 editors with CCN-Area
editors making changes to the ip-edit group. At the same time we're
likely to have new style IP's who are controlling their own editors be
circulating the password to the 'webmaster' account.

We need to keep track of who's doing what and make sure the area editors
have the tools they need to keep things moving.

I'm away this weekend but I think we need to have a meeting to pull
together all the threads... hammer this out... fill in the gaps...

Who would be available for a meeting Tues/Wed night 6:30 ish...?

david potter

On Fri, 16 Jun 2000, Mark Rushton wrote:

> Hello David,

  <snip unrelated material...>