Out of Control!

Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 15:05:58 -0300 (ADT)
From: "Andrew D. Wright" <adw@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: "David L. Potter" <potter@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: "Douglas J. McCann" <aa935@chebucto.ns.ca>, "Leo J. Deveau" <ljdeveau@chebucto.ns.ca>, office@chebucto.ns.ca, ccn-board@chebucto.ns.ca,

	I, Andrew Wright, was the person to edit the jump page. You can
reach me at adw@chebucto.ns.ca. The g)o ip jump key was disabled because
the information on the IP main site was in complete contradiction to the
way that we are currently managing IPs. This process has not been kept
secret from anybody on Chebucto, including the IP committee. No one has at
any point made any effort to update the IP page with current information.

	I did not redirect the g)o ip link as you have done because we now
have two classifications for Neighbourhood Accounts, profit and
non-profit, and your new shortcut goes only to the non-profit page. It was
my thought that at some point there would be an updated IP web site, but I
have seen no sign of any action on this or anyone coming forward to take
responsibility for it.

	As to my updating or not updating information on the Chebucto
website, it has been long standing policy that if one of the people who
has edit privileges sees something broken, they fix it. There isn't a
formal tribunal or review by committee to oversee every change. Just as
there isn't a tribunal or review by committee to oversee every alteration
in things done by root, such as restricting editing privileges.

	Since I can no longer edit the jump page, any corrections which
need to be carried out can be carried out by root. Sed quis custodiet
ipsos custodes? *

* http://www.dgne.com/mdd/quote.html#custodiet