New Homepage...

Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 12:23:11 -0300 (ADT)
From: Michael Smith <michael@csuite.ns.ca>
To: "David L. Potter" <potter@chebucto.ns.ca>
Cc: editors@chebucto.ns.ca, ccn-board@chebucto.ns.ca

On Sat, 3 Jun 2000, David L. Potter wrote:

> Now that I've actually seen the new howepage I'm quite disappointed that the
> underlying CCN content has been all but dropped... to the average visitor we
> look like a poor cousin ISP, unable to even attract an AllAdvantage
> banner... ;-(

I'm pretty sure the page has been circulating for discussion for
weeks. I've seen printouts of it many times.

> Our information providers have taken a very poor second seat to 'Reading
> Your Mail' and signing up for an account...

Maybe the cell to the left of "This space reserved for special
events" could be switched with the cell to the let of the "Read your
Chebucto mail" form.

"This space reserved ..." could go; it sounds kind of corny. We could
replace it with an image or something... a link to the featured IP, maybe.
Or a CAP banner.

> I really think we should back out of this new hompage until something can
> be done about the emphasis...! Nothing about this homepage speaks to me
> about our mission statements past or present...

The old homepage didn't really speak to me much about mission statements
either, which is good. Mission statements are boring and not what visitors
want to see.