Was New Homepage... Conflict of Interest

Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 09:12:13 -0300 (ADT)
From: "David L. Potter" <potter@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: "Andrew D. Wright" <adw@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: CCN Tech <ccn-tech@chebucto.ns.ca>, editors@chebucto.ns.ca

The problem with your 'radical' ideas is not that they lack value but
rather that you continue to try and ram them down people's thoats without
giving those affected an opportunity to consider the proposal and either
concur or offer suggestions as appropriate.

Arriving at the tech meeting and announcing that the text homepage would
suddenly be changed without consultation with the editors or the CCN dial-up
users who rely on that page for access is an act of arrogance that is
unwanted in volunteers and an abuse of your position as a board member.

No matter how good your ideas, they are being presented in an unacceptable
manner.

While the arguments you offer in support of these proposals have some
basis, there are often several possible solutions to the 'problem' at
hand and usually several opinions as to the severity of the problem. In
addition you repeatedly seem to assume that you know everything that is
worth knowing about the CCN systems and functionality. It is very clear that
you don't and further that you are disinclined to ask.

Each of these forrays into areas that are not your personal responsibility
as a board memeber, undertaken without consulting with and winning the
support of users, volunteers and other boardmembers who have an intererest in
these matters places you in a conflict of interest.

david potter