Long name subs failing...

From: jwarnica@ns.sympatico.ca (Jeff Warnica)
To: " " < @chebucto.ns.ca>
Cc: "Michael Smith" <michael@csuite.ns.ca>, <editors@chebucto.ns.ca>, <ccn-tech@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 14:34:19 -0300

> Substitutions were something that was agreed upon long ago for all CSuite
> pages regardless of content - the only criteria was that they were CSuite
> pages.  These particular pages are in the HelpDesk and would be
> distributed to any freenet using CSuite and our HelpDesk pages.

Ok, Im prepared to beleive that there is such a policy - I wasent aware of
its existance.

> If this is changing, I wish someone would inform us on that fact prior to
> our updating of all CSuite pages.

Im prety sure that these havent been folded into the CSuite 1.1 release, so
from that I would conclude that there /not/ CSuite pages. But I could be
wrong.

Since in the last week or so Ive heard of two policys that are not clearly
defined (or clearly defined but not easyly found (granted, no harder to find
then everything else..)), and with the major web site changes underway what
shold proably happen as a orginization structural change is that /all/ (web
site) policies be reexamined, so that 1) the cruft is cleared out,
2)everything is documentd in one place (or two places - stuff that 'we' need
to know, and public informtion) 3)because of (2) everyone is reading off the
same page.