VDN hit tracking

Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 18:16:37 -0300 (ADT)
From: Mark Ronald Rushton <Mark@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Christopher Majka <nextug@is.dal.ca>
cc: Michael Smith <michael@csuite.ns.ca>, CCN Editors <editors@chebucto.ns.ca>, ccn-tech@chebucto.ns.ca

On Tue, 9 May 2000, Christopher Majka wrote:
> On Tue, 9 May 2000, Michael Smith wrote:
> > On Tue, 9 May 2000, Christopher Majka wrote:
> > >
> > > The URL you use to track hits to your site is:
> > > 	http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/cgi-bin/urlstats?Business/RMJ/
> >
> > Unfortunately, that won't track hits to the rmjfitrehab.com site. We do
> > keep virtual hosts' access logs separate, so eventually we'll have a way
> > of getting them to virtual host owners.
>
> Hmm ... I see. So if the HTTP request is to www.rmjfitrehab.com then our
> URL stats counter won't log it for /csuite/info/Business/RMJ even if it is
> actually those files that are accessed - is that right?
>
> It would be good in the future to have a mechanism to make such
> information available to VDN administrators.

"Good" ?!  Understatement, Christopher old boy.  Are you guys telling me
that my site at  www.nscuba.org   cannot register hits using that CGI?

May I suggest this become an item for the techs fairly high on the "to do"
list, as many of us IPs use that routine (and the hit count) to justify
the continued expenditure of our group on a VDN (and even just the effort
of a website!).

I feel ... cheated, somehow.  Wish someone had TOLD ME THAT when we were
switching over.

  :-(

   M.

Mark Rushton