file not found

Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 09:56:23 -0400 (AST)
From: "David L. Potter" <potter@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Donna Randell <drandell@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: CCN Editors <editors@chebucto.ns.ca>, ppp-help@chebucto.ns.ca, CCN Technical Committee <ccn-tech@chebucto.ns.ca>

Hi Donna... the new Chebucto Plus service operates on a very different
basis than the original Chebucto dial-up service. Chris is correct in that
many of the original CCN services... especially those accessed via a
lynxexec or lynxprog link will not work unless you are logged into the
old service and running Lynx.

It is still possible to access your original CCN service by either dialing
in to the main number 494-8006 and logging in as you did before, or....

**by using a 'telnet' client to connect to Chebucto**

Windows 95/98 have a telnet client included with the operating system (I'm
not sure what operating system you are using...)

If you happen to be using Windows 95, after you connect to Chebucto
Plus try selecting...

	Start->run

...and type "telnet chebucto.ns.ca" (without the quotes)

With any luck you'll be connected to Chebucto and asked for your login-id
and password.

If you're not running Windows 95... (this is where the learning begins...
;-) use your browser to do some research about the internet 'telnet'
service/applications. You should be able to identify a telnet appication
that will work on your operating system.

-----

Chebucto Plus is a very new and different service for us. With the
original service we had a lot of control over the software and the
configuration... now we have almost none! Users are able to try all
manner of software many of which we have never used or in some cases
heard about.

Although we would like to help individual users with these new services,
at this time we simply do not have the resources to provide the personal
attention to users that we have been able to in the past with the original
service.

At the moment our priority is to get people connected. If you want to try
some other piece of software/service you're pretty much on your own...
although YOU CAN HELP by writing up your successes so we can include this
information in our documentation.

david potter