Zmailer Open Relay

Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 16:20:02 -0300 (ADT)
From: Michael Smith <michael@csuite.ns.ca>
To: csuite-setup@chebucto.ns.ca

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000, hrdware wrote:

> 	What about the possibility of upgrading to Zmailer 2.99.50 or
> even Zmailer 2.2e? From what I've seen, restricting by policies is
> actually pretty simple. The thing is, would it cause other things in
> Csuite to breakdown if we upgraded Zmailer?

I can make a tarball of the version we're including with CSuite 1.1,
2.99.52-patch1. I'll have to modify it a lot to fit into the CSuite 1.0
structure, so it will still take some work, but in the end it's probably
better than hacking up 2.99.48 to reject spam at the router.

If there aren't many required changes, you
may be able to install from the stock 2.99.52-patch1 available on
ftp.funet.fi. I'll just tell you what to modify or send some patches.

Michael