FTP

Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 15:20:37 -0400 (EDT)
From: "James R. Hay" <jrhay@HayA.QC.CA>
To: "David L. Potter" <potter@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: csuite-setup@chebucto.ns.ca

On Mon, 17 May 1999, David L. Potter wrote:

> Keep in mind that by design CSuite is not an ordinary unix box... the
> ftp server is one package that has been customized and, for example, does
> not support anonymous ftp... (we've been operating multiple CSuite systems
> for several years without this being a problem ;-).

Considering that csuite is web based I can understand that anonymous ftp
isn't really needed, but it does accept the login which is why I figured
it ought to work.

> It's complaining about directory permissions... what _are_ the directory
> ownerships/permissions?

for /home/ftp its drwxr-xr-x 6 root ftp
for /home/derek its drwxr-xr-x 6 derek derek

> The other possibility is that CS_ROOT/src/etc/ftpd/ftpaccess-csuite
> need to be modified to accomodate your systems's 'LIST' command (and a
> new compile of ftpd) ???

ftpaccess-csuite?  There are only ftpd and ftpaccess in the ftpd
directory.

Ok, I just tried to ftp to clublibertel and logged into account aa001 and
it listed things properly.  It works for my own account (jim) on the box
because I'm in group root which is a different ball game.

Perhaps one way do deal with this is to attack the original problem.  The
fellow dealing with the web pages is derek and I put a link from his home
directory and set up a second account in group csuite (derek2) so that he
could ftp the amended web page files to "Libertelize" the stock csuite
stuff.  Is there a way that he could do this then from he's csuite account
aa002?

Thanks again for your help.

TTFN,
Jim.