Delivery reports about your email (fwd)

Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 12:37:05 -0400 (EDT)
From: "James R. Hay" <jrhay@HayA.QC.CA>
To: csuite-setup@chebucto.ns.ca
cc: csuite-install@chebucto.ns.ca

On Thu, 13 May 1999, David L. Potter wrote:

> The first thing to check is the majordomo configuration...
>
> cd to /usr/local/csuite/etc/majordomo/
>
> ...and as root run ./wrapper config-test

It seems to be happy with the exception that under "Non obvious things
that can cause headaches" it says:

/(^|([^\\"]|\\.)+)"([^\\"]\\.|$)*"?/: regexp *+ operand could be empty at
majordomo.pl line 519

> On another note... I think you'll find that we're able to respond more
> effectively if you give us more information... phrases like:
>
> "...the last step (it says that the list can't be created)."

Translate into:

I telnet to the server and log in as csuite.  From there I choose
"Administration".  From there I choose "Majordomo Administration" and then
then choose "Create mailing lists from spooled requests" which then offer
me two choices which I had submitted as requests.  I select the second one
"editors" and then choose "Process Request" I then get an "Approve Mailing
List Creation page".  I select "Approve request" and choose "Submit form"
and get the "Mailing list Creation Results" page which says:

The mailing list "editors" (HTML Team mailing list) could not be
created.

And that's it.

> and...
>
> "...mail I get complaining about something to do with sudoers."

Here's an example:

==========

Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 11:24:15 -0400
From: CSuite Administrator <csuite@clublibertel.qc.ca>
To: root@clublibertel.qc.ca
Subject: *** SECURITY information for clublibertel.qc.ca ***

clublibertel.qc.ca : May 13 11:24:15 :   csuite : error in /usr/local/csuite/etc/sudoers, line 23 ; TTY=none ; PWD=/usr/local/csuite/etc/majordomo/spool ; USER=root.

==========

> ...invariably force us to ask for more specific information and simply
> drags out the time it takes for you to get an answer. (You'll no doubt
> find the shoe on the other foot yourself soon enough... ;-)

Trying to work on three servers at once turns your brain to mush some
days.  As for having the shoe on the other foot I have to confess I've
been there, done that.  I'll try to remember ot give you more information
next time.

TTFN,
Jim.

James R. Hay			jim@clublibertel.qc.ca