Idled & Jumps

Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 12:26:49 -0300 (ADT)
From: David Potter <potter@csuite.ns.ca>
To: csuite-setup@chebucto.ns.ca, webmaster@netwater.com

I've redirected this to csuite-setup....

I'm not real familiar with idled. My suspicion is that in the short
term you'd probablly be better off to kill the process unless you're very
concerned about abuse of system resources. I'll try to find an answer for
you but I can't guarantee how quickly....

With respect to the jumps file....

There is a _requirement_ that the the file be in sorted (ascii) order...
note below...
        <!-- this file *must* be kept sorted, one entry per line -->
       <!-- hence the odd indentation on these lines -->
     </head><body background="/icons/paper.gif">
    <h1>Shortcut List</h1>
   Following is a list of shortcut names and the target links associated
  with them.  In lynx, pressing G followed by one of these shortcut names
 will take you directly to the destination.  This list will expand over
time.
<dl compact>
<dt>?<dd>This Shortcut List

I haven't had to debug a 'corrupted' jumps.html but my guess is that
anything above the bad line should work...?

If you're using pico to edit it... (snorts of disgust all around me...)
use pico -w jumps.html to prevent auto line wrap...

cheers

david potter