!!HELP NTP Time Clock or Netdate!!

From: "Dan Neadow" <dan@valleynet.on.ca>
To: <csuite-tech@chebucto.ns.ca>
Cc: <csuite-install@chebucto.ns.ca>, <tech-com@valleynet.on.ca>, <cndnln@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 23:48:27 -0400

 Hi folks.

We were to be having some upgrading done to csuite 1.1 from beta 1 and
progress has been slow to none,  However I am suddenly in a dilemma and I
cannot get around it.

Our "netdate" program suddenly changed the system date to 2036 using
timefreq.nrc.ca I manually set the clock back to 2001 and tried netdate
again, and it adjusted it to 2036.  Upon removing netdate from various
scripts that set out clock on connection to the internet I tried setting the
date back manually and low and behold it would no longer accept any year but
1999 or earlier.  This is wreaking havoc with TQ and various other things.
that really on date.

If its possible to have someone look at our system they can contact me at
either address listed below and I will give them a username and password to
our "support" account.

Also we're looking at getting this upgrade to csuite 1.1 done ASAP as the
grant funds set aside to pay for this are to expire Aug 1 2001 as we have
had several extensions already.

Many thanks in advance

Dan
dan@valleynet.on.ca
cndnln@sympatico.ca
Technical Officer -- ValleyNet Tech Support
E-Mail tech@valleynet.on.ca -- Phone (613) 732-1760
http://valleynet.on.ca/ or telnet://valleynet.on.ca