CSuite Problems

Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 16:49:26 -0400 (AST)
From: David Murdoch <murdoch@csuite.ns.ca>
To: csuite-install@chebucto.ns.ca

On Wed, 3 Nov 1999, John Kurilec wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> I am still having some problems getting things to work the way I think they
> should.
> I have reinstalled the software a number of times and each time some things
> still don't seem to work.
>
> I am still having the problem with the Browse your files and View your disk
> usage and Quota selections.  This is for a cs_user and not the shell account.
> I used the install disk for loading csuite so I am not given any options on
> installing the redhat.

As I indicated the quotas have to be setup manually for Quota selections
and View your disk usage to work properly.

Please provide more specific details about the problem with the Browse
your files. It may just be a permissions problem but unless we receive
more information we can only supply guesses as to a solution.

> > On Wed, 27 Oct 1999, John Kurilec wrote:
> >
> > > Hi David,
> > >
> > > Well I guess I am making progress.  After reloading the software I was able
> > > to get the administration area running and was able to approve accounts.
> > > I have found a few more problems.  As a user if I highlight the "Browse your
> > > files (go file) I receive a message: File is not in a publically accessable
> > > area.
> >
> > For a shell user you would need to create a new lynx.cfg file without the
> > PUBLIC_READABLE
> > entries found at the end of CS_ROOT/etc/lynx.cfg
> > and set your shell path to find the new lynx.cfg probably by wrapping the
> > lynx binary to specifically look for it.
> > lynx -cfg=/path/to/new/lynx.cfg
> >
> > > When I try to "View your disk usage and Quota" I receive a message
> > > Alert: unable to access document.
> >
> > Quota is not automatically setup by CSuite. Have you installed your OS
> > with quotas enabled?
> >
> When I complete the site-conf file with all the information corrected
> indicating where to send various reports it seems like the accounts are
> not created, or do I have to manually create the accounts?
>
> Also I seem to be getting a large number of error messages:
> /usr/src/csuite-1.0/mksub: M.: command not found
> /var/csuite/lib/mksub: M.: command not found
> /var/csuite/lib/passwd-edit: M.: command not found
>
> on my last install I started receiving a number of errors on boot up regarding
> the tqtimer.
>
> Is it possible I have an older version with some bugs in it?  I have version
> 1.0
>
> Thanks
>
> John
>

> --
>
> John M. Kurilec
> Organization For Community Networks
> P.O. Box 32175  -  Euclid, Ohio 44132-0175
> Voice: 216-731-9801  Fax: 216-731-9802
>
> Consider making a donation and support your Free-Net/Community Network

Regards,
David Murdoch CET
--
     Regional Community Access Project (CAP) Coordinator for HRM,
     Operations Manager and Technical Coordinator, Chebucto Community Net