CSuite Problems

From: John Kurilec <jmk@ofcn.org>
To: csuite-install@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 09:47:25 -0500 (EST)

Hi David,

I am still having some problems getting things to work the way I think they
should.
I have reinstalled the software a number of times and each time some things
still don't seem to work.

I am still having the problem with the Browse your files and View your disk
usage and Quota selections.  This is for a cs_user and not the shell account.
I used the install disk for loading csuite so I am not given any options on
installing the redhat.

> On Wed, 27 Oct 1999, John Kurilec wrote:
>
> > Hi David,
> >
> > Well I guess I am making progress.  After reloading the software I was able
> > to get the administration area running and was able to approve accounts.
> > I have found a few more problems.  As a user if I highlight the "Browse your
> > files (go file) I receive a message: File is not in a publically accessable
> > area.
>
> For a shell user you would need to create a new lynx.cfg file without the
> PUBLIC_READABLE
> entries found at the end of CS_ROOT/etc/lynx.cfg
> and set your shell path to find the new lynx.cfg probably by wrapping the
> lynx binary to specifically look for it.
> lynx -cfg=/path/to/new/lynx.cfg
>
> > When I try to "View your disk usage and Quota" I receive a message
> > Alert: unable to access document.
>
> Quota is not automatically setup by CSuite. Have you installed your OS
> with quotas enabled?

When I complete the site-conf file with all the information corrected
indicating where to send various reports it seems like the accounts are
not created, or do I have to manually create the accounts?

Also I seem to be getting a large number of error messages:
/usr/src/csuite-1.0/mksub: M.: command not found
/var/csuite/lib/mksub: M.: command not found
/var/csuite/lib/passwd-edit: M.: command not found

on my last install I started receiving a number of errors on boot up regarding
the tqtimer.

Is it possible I have an older version with some bugs in it?  I have version
1.0

Thanks

John

--

John M. Kurilec
Organization For Community Networks

Consider making a donation and support your Free-Net/Community Network