Version of Red Hat

Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 09:25:50 -0400
To: csuite-install@chebucto.ns.ca, Novak@detroit.freenet.org
From: Mark David! <webmaster@netwater.com>

At 08:23 AM 9/16/99 -0400, you wrote:

>Hey Folks,
>
>We're planning on moving the Greater Detroit Free-Net off of Freeport
>to CSUITE.
>
>We'd like to build a prototype system and are wondering what is the
>latest version of Red Hat that CSUITE has been successfully installed
>on. The docs on the web site refer to a 4.x version and I've seen
>a reference to 5.0.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>--
>Louis Novak                |  Suffering from pronoia, the sneaking feeling
>www.msen.com/~lnovak       |  that someone is conspiring behind my back
>Novak@detroit.freenet.org  |  to help me. How can I help you?

Well, well.

Louis, when Will (remember him?) and I ran CSuite on the Williamston Area
Community Network, we had it successfully installed on Slackware 3.6 and RH
5.0.  I was just about to test it on RH 6.0.  I am sure it should work, but
you never know.  If I get it to work then I'll email the list and let all
know what I did.

Of course this should have been done for GDFN a long time ago as it has
been known for some time that Freeport is not Y2k.  But of course,
following the Brose/Brandt/Raine method of "let's wait until the very last
minute to make the system better" puts you in this dilemma of trying to
revitalize a dying entity.  You should have tried this sometime ago because
CSuite is almost nothing like Freeport with the exception of its user
account naming structure (aa001, aa002, etc).  But it's an awesome package
if you tweak it just right.

Good luck.

Mark

Try try try to understand..