migrating user database

From: jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca (John Nemeth)
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 03:23:24 -0700
To: csuite-install@chebucto.ns.ca

On Sep 3,  8:18am, David Murdoch wrote:
} On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, Andrea Neville wrote:
}
} >     How hard is it to migrate a set of csuite users/IP's/webapages/setup
} > info to another box? Basically I am looking for which sections of the csuite
} > install dir to keep (ie. csuite/home, csuite/log ) and put back in place
} > after the fresh installation of linux and csuite is compleated, and which
} > sections are specific to that particular build. Mirroring the drives is not
}
} Definitely home, info and private. The old *bin directories need not be
} replaced unless, of course, you have made any local changes that need to
} be migrated.
}
} If you could install the old drive with the new renaming /var to /old/var
} or something to help with he transition. nfs is also an option.

     To this list, I would add parts of etc, skel, and tq.  You'll need
to inspect these directories for any changes that were made.

}-- End of excerpt from David Murdoch