migrating user database

Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 08:18:41 -0300 (ADT)
From: David Murdoch <murdoch@csuite.ns.ca>
To: csuite-install@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Andrea,

On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, Andrea Neville wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     How hard is it to migrate a set of csuite users/IP's/webapages/setup
> info to another box? Basically I am looking for which sections of the csuite
> install dir to keep (ie. csuite/home, csuite/log ) and put back in place
> after the fresh installation of linux and csuite is compleated, and which
> sections are specific to that particular build. Mirroring the drives is not
> an option, it does have to be rebuilt.
>
>     Anyone give me a few hints on this?

Definitely home, info and private. The old *bin directories need not be
replaced unless, of course, you have made any local changes that need to
be migrated.

If you could install the old drive with the new renaming /var to /old/var
or something to help with he transition. nfs is also an option.

Perhaps somebody with better experience of this transition than I would
offer further suggestions.

> andrea neville
> CORNET

Regards,
David Murdoch CET
--
     Regional Community Access Project (CAP) Coordinator for HRM,
     Operations Manager and Technical Coordinator, Chebucto Community Net