[Fwd: ATINS service]

Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 17:36:20 -0400 (EDT)
From: Michael Smith <michael@csuite.ns.ca>
To: Troy Cole <troycole@hfx.eastlink.ca>
Cc: ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca

On Sat, 23 Sep 2000 aa935@chebucto.ns.ca wrote:

> Robert had mentioned that the site is presently set up on one of your
> older servers and requires a little bit of special treatment to actually
> activate files and so on. I'm not entirely clear on what this additional
> process is... I'm not exactly a telnet kind of guy. I'm accustomed to
> standard ftp for getting the files into place and activated. We were
> wondering if during our switch over to the new site would be a good time
> to re-evaluate how the site is being housed.

FTP access is available. When you get an account with editing privileges
for the ATINS site, use your FTP client to log into chebucto.ns.ca. Change
to the "00ip" subdirectory, and then the "ATINS" or
"ip-1469" subdirectory.

If you're using a client which prefers FTP urls:

ftp://youraccount@chebucto.ns.ca/csuite/info/Commerce/ATINS/

> • Does the site now, or would it in the new location have the ability to
> process CGI's? I'm only thinking about a simple e-mail form which would
> allow visitors to easily send questions and comments through the
> website.

Yes, you can create custom CGIs. We also have a generic mail form
collector script which may already do everything you need.

I'll leave the other questions to someone qualified to answer. ;)

Hope this helps.