your mail

Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 07:59:59 -0400
To: Michael Smith <michael@csuite.ns.ca>, aa935@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Mark Rushton <Mark@chebucto.ns.ca>
Cc: ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Michael & Doug,

FYI, When I checked out the page, I viewed the page source from
within Netscape (which would not have caused a lock) and when I
grabbed the source file, I FTP'd it out to edit on my desktop.  I was
never in the file system via Lynx.  Why would it have locked?  I did
not run a PICO session.

Weird!

I FTP'd the file, and the graphics, OUT, but nothing went IN.  I had
intended to actually give Doug a present (the tall ships page loads
very slowly due to the large number of thumbnails.  I thought I had a
program that would automatically add all the image size attributes,
which would allow the browser to lay out the page with a grid and
image placeholders before loading the graphics.  This would let
visitors know that they weren't sitting on an empty page,
particularly visitors on slower modem connections).

ciao,
Mark

--
Mark Rushton, Editor