New Home Page... (bugreports)

From: jwarnica@ns.sympatico.ca (Jeff Warnica)
To: <ccn-board@chebucto.ns.ca>, <ccn-editors@chebucto.ns.ca>, <ccn-tech@chebucto.ns.ca>, <ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 14:18:30 -0300

Quickly looking through some of the top level pages, I notive the following
problems:

Only the top page has a DTD, so none of the other pages are HTML.

The help bar at the top of the top page looks like its not the same width as
the bar on the other pages (though there both set to 580pixles)

The masthead section is different on the top page compared to everywhere
else - titles are centered and "Serving Your Community's Online Needs. is
not bold

"Serving Your Community's Online Needs." shouldnt have a period after it,
anywhere.

The site map's block for the home page points to the wrong spot. And is
horificly ugly.

http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Services/Registration/index.html dosent bold, and
centers the "serving your...." line

http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/services.shtml should also have a csuite lynx
redirect so we can remove the "only work with lynx" box, and the plus stuff
should be reserved for plus.chebucto.ns.ca

http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/about.shtml the history should be updated to
reflect reality.

http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/subject.shtml all the second level pages should
also be links

"This Space Reserved For Special Events" should be either blank, or actualy
be used to advertise something.

"System support and software development courtesy of Dalhousie's Math &
Stats and Computing Science Departments" is not quite true, anymore at
least. One, its a CS facualty now, nolonger (adminisrativly) associated with
the M/S types, and the support of all of them, is not more significant then
that of, say, Marc Dooley and his underlings. And they should be links to
(the respective) home pages of those groups.

http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/CommunitySupport.shtml has "Your Community
Online!" insted of "serving your..."

http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Culture.html
http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/EducationLib.html