your mail

Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 10:41:46 -0400 (AST)
From: "Andrew D. Wright" <awright@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca, office@chebucto.ns.ca

	What this fellow seems to be asking about is having an individual
non-IP CCN account and having a VDN attached to it. We have done this in
the past but in both cases it was for single-person businesses in keeping
with our (unwritten but fairly common sense) commercial policy. Since we
have not explicitly put down what our VDN policies are, if there are no
objections, I propose asking this fellow what exactly www.zach-recruit.com
is about and then determining what to do from there, rather than having
him get conflicting responses from different parts of the organization. To
that end, if anybody does have objections, please send them to
office@chebucto.ns.ca before 3 pm this afternoon. Objections should offer
practical alternate solutions to dealing with this query. I'll hold off
answering him until then.

	Our unwritten commercial policy is that it is okay to have your
personal small business advertised in your personal web space. We have
made larger commercial entities CCN Information Providers and as far as I
can tell, there is no restriction on what organizations can do this save
of course obviously excludable things like online porn sites, etc. There
is also no policy on mandatory fees (except for VDNs) for commercial
entities either individual or IP, though I believe that commercial
entities, by virtue of being commercial entities, can not only afford them
but should be obligated to pay them. This last point however is for future
consideration and is not at issue at the moment.

						Andrew