Virtual Domain Name Fees

Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 12:34:18 -0300 (ADT)
From: "Andrew D. Wright" <au141@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Christopher Majka <nextug@is.dal.ca>
cc: CCN Information Provider Committee <ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca>, David Murdoch <murdoch@csuite.ns.ca>, Doug McCann <mccannd@gov.ns.ca>,

On Fri, 10 Sep 1999, Christopher Majka wrote:

> This fee schedule was originally posted by by Doug McCann:

	Who most expressly did not repeat did not refer to the top three
fees as being for individual members. We do not repeat do not give out 25
Megs of disk space to individual members under any circumstance and your
alteration of this document to say this was the case was not approved by
anyone specifically including the CCN Board and IP Chair.

> > Does it make any sense to you whatsoever that we would
> > increase default non-member quotas by a factor of 50?
>
> I'm not sure what this means, however, if you are in doubt you should
> consult the Board who determined this fee schedule whence it came fide
> Doug McCann.

	It means that you had altered, on your own and without any
consultation, the information on the interim.html page Doug McCann put up
to read that we had suddenly increased individual non-member disk quotas
from 500 K to 25,000 K then put this unauthorized interpretation on the
live publically accessible CCN website and that somehow you thought that
this made sense.

> It is already (at least on an interim basis) being referred to viz-a-viz
> fee inquiries. If the Board is not comfortable with these fee structures
> then they should so indicate. Interim, however, is usually taken to mean
> 'for the time being.'
>
> When Doug posted the information to CCN-IP & the CCN-Board I immediately
> replied to both lists expressing my approval and voicing my intention to
> add the information to the appropriate area of the IP documents. No one
> voiced any objection and therefor this is what I have done.
>
> >                    Are you on drugs?
>
> You should learn how to confine your remarks to the subject at hand.

	And you should learn to look before you leap.

					Andrew