Virtual Domain Name Fees

Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 09:52:02 -0300 (ADT)
From: Christopher Majka <nextug@is.dal.ca>
To: Jeff Warnica <jwarnica@ns.sympatico.ca>
cc: CCN Information Provider Committee <ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca>

Hi Jeff,

On Fri, 10 Sep 1999, Jeff  Warnica wrote:

> http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Services/IPsupport/member-fees.html
>
> clearly says that Individual Membership has been reduced to three
> categories:
>
> Assisted
>
> Basic
>
> and PPP
>
> I would like to know the following:
>
> Why has the membership structure flattened?
>
> Who will pay for the new drives needed to take users quotas from 500Kb to
> 25mb (or 100mb) (and was I asleep at the tech meeting that this was
> announced)?
>
> What normal person needs two mailing lists?
>
> Why has the PPP (Plus!) costs doubled?

If you are seeking the rationale for these decisions you should ask the
CCN Board these questions. They set this fee schedule and not the IP
Committee.

> How is Virtual Domain Name: "The" CCN Premium ServiceV? It is neither
> something unique to CCN, no our only premium service.

Virtual Domain Names have been with us almost from the start. When, circa
1.5 years ago, the decision was taken to 'market' them more extensively,
they were bundled with other features and this package was called the "CCN
Premium Service". It's just a name like any other.

> If normal accounts are potently free, and never as much as $50, then why
> would someone pay $50 for an additional e-mail account?

I'm not sure what you're referring to. As an additional IP fee, I take
this to mean an additional account operating under a virtual domain name
<jeff@warnica.ns.ca>, etc. However, again you should check with the Board
as to their interpretation since they set this schedule, not us.

> Can anyone with semi regular vision capabilities read the icons at the
> bottom of the page?

Again, I'm not sure what you mean. This is the standard CCN Button Bar
which was introduced circa 3.5 years ago and is found on hundreds (if not
thousands) of CCN pages. Are you saying that you find the icons too small
or too large? I have no problem reading them and in all this time I can't
recall anyone ever having brought this up.

Cheers!

Chris

Christopher Majka                               <aa051@chebucto.ns.ca>
Editor-in-Chief: Chebucto Community Net - Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
URL = http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Home.html

"Often his editorial policy was a nice compromise between blackmail and
begging"                - William Allen White, The Nation, Jun 18, 1938