CNN premium service

Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 12:11:46 -0300 (ADT)
From: David Murdoch <murdoch@csuite.ns.ca>
To: Doug McCann <MCCANND@gov.ns.ca>
cc: ccn-board@chebucto.ns.ca, ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca

On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, Doug McCann wrote:

> As you can see from the following how our overall pricing strategy has
> our members and prospective members confused.
>
> As I pointed out in the membership/services/fund-raising summary
> (board only), some IPs may consider the individual membership (IP
> editor) fee their IP fee.
>
> Once we have provided an IP with a PPP account, we lose control on how
> many individuals in the organization use the one account.  Currently,
> we only provide one PPP for families with additional space for each
> family member.  All at the family membership rate.
>
> With FTP, there is no requirement for disk space on CCN, other than
> for production pages.  Work-in-progress can be accomplished off-line.
>
> In the meanwhile, what do (or should) we charge for additional services:
>     per X megabytes of disk space
>     e-mail accounts

Halifax Regional Development Agency, which is an IP, provides its
employees with chebucto.ns.ca accounts with custom names at $50/annum.
This can be arranged for all other organisations and the caapability is
already in place. We could possibly look at reduced rates numbers over,
say, 6 or 8. So
up to 6 accounts @ $50 ea
7-12 @ $45 ea

or some such arrangement.

>     per customized e-mail accounts
>
> Your suggestions please, with haste, so I can respond to Mr. Dares.
>
> Doug M

> Hi Doug,
>
> Thanks for your quick response.
>
> I could see us maybe wanting to create e-mail accounts for some hostel employees and volunteers using the virtual domain.  Could you please give me a ball park estimate for how much this would
> cost per e-mail account.
>
> The hostel currently gets its PPP service from Sympatico.   Is the PPP access mentioned in the attached e-mail for one user at the organization or for all members of the organization?  I'm a bit
> confused since I had to join CCN as an individual member before I was able to register the  IP.  I would have thought you might make individuals associated with an organization join as
> individuals in order to have access to the IP account.
>
> Thanks in advance for your clarification.
>
> -Tom Dares
>

> Doug McCann wrote:
>
> > Hi Tom,
> >
> > The following is our current rate structure.  If your requirements include services not listed, or if you require additional services (e.g. disk space) we would be pleased to provide a quote.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Doug McCann
> > Chair, IP Committee

> > Basic Member
> > $50.00  per year.
> > includes 100 meg  limit on space,  volunteer training, 2 mailing lists, text-based dial-up service.
> >
> > PPP Member
> > $200 per year.
> > includes Basic member services, plus graphics dial-up service.
> >
> > Other IP Service Fees
> >
> > Virtual Domain Name
> > $200.00 per year.
> > Additional registration fees from the registrating organization may apply. For details see http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Services/IPsupport/vdn.html.
> > includes: CCN hosting of a user or member virtual domain name, organizational email address
> >
> > Notes:
> >
> > VDN users are also required to be, or select,  assisted, basic, or PPP membership in order to activate the service.
> > Example:  Basic Member with VDN = $50.00 + $200.00 = $250.00 per year.
> >
> > Information Provider  fees are payable  in advance, and renewed annually.
> >
> > All other services (additional space, e-mail accounts, etc.) fees subject to board approval.
> >
> > Prospective and current members are also encouraged to make donations in support of CCN.

Regards,
David Murdoch CET
--
     Regional Community Access Project (CAP) Coordinator for HRM,
     Operations Manager and Technical Coordinator, Chebucto Community Net