IP process halted?

Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 00:43:32 -0300 (ADT)
From: Christopher Majka <nextug@is.dal.ca>
To: aa935@chebucto.ns.ca
cc: office@chebucto.ns.ca, ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi all,

On Fri, 6 Aug 1999 aa935@chebucto.ns.ca wrote:

> With reference to Andrews note, who and/or what process created and
> maintained IP accounts in the past?  Your comments and advise, please.

The IP creation process (somewhat from the point of view of the role of
the editors) is detailed in:

Linkname: Chebucto Community Net: Editorial Process

The salient details as they pertain to IP Ediors is described in what we
call the "IP Response Letter" which is auto-mailed to all applicants as
soon as they submit their on-line IP application. The information there is
substantively the same as above.

The long and short of it is that the IP creation process has not come to a
halt: John Dow has simply not passed through IP Training.

When a IP Editor does so Bob Adams indicates this in the IP Database and
usually notifies ccn-ip that they have completed training so that the
appropriate editor can then (if everything else is complete) issue the
create IP command and the IP comes into being.

Cheers,

Chris

> Quoting "Andrew D. Wright" <awright@chebucto.ns.ca>:
>

> > 	The IP creation process seems to have halted. I reported receiving
> > the IP agreement for the Nova Scotia Provincial Health Council (ip-1563)
> > to the CCN-IP mailing list on July 27 and to date the account has not been
> > created. John Dow, the person behind this, is getting very frustrated as
> > he has had a rough time of it getting this process off the ground and is
> > rather exasperated at our delays.
> >
> > 	I know that you know that anyone can go to any other provider in
> > town or for that matter anywhere and get an account created the same day.
> > Mr Dow has now been at it for more than a month and I have to admire his
> > tenacity.
> >
> > 	The poor guy just wants to FTP his files up into his IP directory.
> > Can you see that this gets expedited? Thanks. His email addy is az068.
> >
> > 					Andrew

Christopher Majka                               <aa051@chebucto.ns.ca>
Editor-in-Chief: Chebucto Community Net - Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
URL = http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Home.html

"Often his editorial policy was a nice compromise between blackmail and
begging"                - William Allen White, The Nation, Jun 18, 1938