Front page banner

Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 12:51:24 -0300
From: "Doug McCann" <MCCANND@gov.ns.ca>
To: nextug@is.dal.ca
Cc: ccn-board@chebucto.ns.ca, ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca

Chris

I don't have write access to the home page area.  Could you create a sub
directory to the main page with the name 'election', and provide me with
read/write access.   I will then move my files to that area (with appropriate
adjustments to links).

After I've setup the above I'll adjust my 'index.htm' to redirect to election/index1.htm.
Then, could you copy my ~aa935/election/index.htm
to the CCN main page, renaming the file as required (default.htm, home.htm)
and replacing the current one (temporarily).

This should minimize disruption to the current structure.

Thanks

Doug M

>>> Christopher Majka <nextug@is.dal.ca> 07/26/99 09:47AM >>>
Hi Doug!

On Sun, 25 Jul 1999, Doug McCann wrote:

> I have developed and tested a couple of banner applets.  These could be
> placed on the CCN home page for special purposes.
>
> 1.  On Tuesday the banner page at
>      http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~aa935/election/index.htm
>      could be made available as a public service.  There are two
>      versions - a single banner pointing to the CBC results page
>                    - a rotating banner showing links and graphics for
>                       CBC and the major parties.  This one is limited to
>                        Netscape 5 and MSIE 4 browsers.  The above
>                        index.htm determines browser used and redirects.
>

> 2.  As a services offering or reward to Supporting IPs, we could have
>      a permanent display advertising the support.  The service can
>      be used as an inducement to donate $$$ to CCN.  See
>      http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~aa935/ads/index.htm.
>
> We would require a quick approval for option 1.
>
> Option 2 would be an element in our proposal for membership and IP fees.
>
> Comments and suggestions please.

These look great: I like the concept. We could tweak the design somewhat
in conjunction with initiatives to re-desihn the home page.

Carry on!

Chris

Christopher Majka                               <aa051@chebucto.ns.ca>
Editor-in-Chief: Chebucto Community Net - Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
URL = http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Home.html

"Often his editorial policy was a nice compromise between blackmail and
begging"                - William Allen White, The Nation, Jun 18, 1938