Application

Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 21:19:23 -0300 (ADT)
From: "Andrew D. Wright" <awright@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Edwin Davidson <ak429@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: Kevin Little <ak880@chebucto.ns.ca>, ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Edwin Davidson wrote:

> Tried this morning to setup an account for the church using my wife Linda
> as the name for it.  Filled everything out and got this right after I
> filled in the password for the custom logon section:
>
>           system error
>
> unable to setup account - try later

	Hi Edwin and Kevin. We would be happy to host the Fairview United
Church on our server and it would be a fine addition to our site, but we
do not give out individual accounts to organizations. An organization must
register and become an Information Provider on our system. There is full
information on this available online at:

http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Services/IPsupport/index.html

including the online application.

	Page 5 of our online registration (previously forwarded to
Kevin Little July 7) states quite clearly:

Clubs and Organizations as Information Providers

Individual accounts are *not* activated for clubs, organizations, or other
groups of people. If you want to create and maintain a
non-commercial Web Site for a non-profit organization, or maintain a page
as an interested individual, first register to get your
own individual account. When you have your account information, register
as an Information Provider to have space allocated
in the public information area for the purpose. We also encourage your
organization to become a CCN sponsor.

	If the Fairview United Church would like an account with us, it
*must* be registered as an Information Provider and *not* as an individual
(or individual's) account.

					Andrew