wondering about cgi

Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 09:19:16 -0300 (ADT)
From: David Murdoch <murdoch@csuite.ns.ca>
To: Matt Hebb <hebbma@gov.ns.ca>
cc: ip-help@chebucto.ns.ca, Technical Team <ccn-tech@chebucto.ns.ca>, "Douglas J. McCann" <mccannd@gov.ns.ca>

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, Matt Hebb wrote:

> I'm interested in adding a form to our NDP Caucus site which would allow
> visitors to submit their names and e-mail addresses to request further
> information.

This would be something that could be developed and offered to all our
Information Providers.

Do you have a budget for this project that would help us find a suitable
programmer to implement this idea?

> I am looking for more information on what CGI scripts exist already at
> chebucto, or what possibility there is for establishing a cgi-bin
> directory (and uploading programs) within our own domain.

Currently, we do not provide a cgi-bin for your domain, but we would be
willing to do this and provide a cost estimate if you could provide us
with more information. Any cgi-bin programs that were active in your
domain would be managed by Chebucto Community Net to ensure that security
was maintained at all times.

Some existing cgi-bin programs are searching, recent updates, mailto form,
url statistics. Others relate to system adminstration.

> I must confess to being brand-spanking new at cgi.

I hope this information is helpful.

> Matt Hebb
> Communications Officer
> NS NDP Caucus Office
> Suite 1001, 1660 Hollis Street
> Halifax, NS  B3J 1V7
> (902) 424-8700
> (902) 424-0504 (fax)
> hebbma@gov.ns.ca

Regards,
David Murdoch CET
--
     HRM Regional Community Access Project (CAP) Coordinator,
     Operations Manager and Technical Coordinator, Chebucto Community Net