IP Survey (FORWARD)

Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 23:37:13 -0400 (AST)
From: Christopher Majka <nextug@is.dal.ca>
To: Colin Prudhoe <aa397@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: CCN Information Provider Committee <ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca>, CCN Board of Directors <ccn-board@chebucto.ns.ca>, Mark Rushton <Mark@chebucto.ns.ca>,

Hi Colin, Mark, et. al.!

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Mark Ronald Rushton wrote:

> From:	"Colin Prudhoe" <prudhoec@attcanada.net>
> To:	"Peter Mortimer" <ag500@chebucto.ns.ca>, "CCN Board"
> <ccn-board@chebucto.ns.ca>, <ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca>
> Subject: RE: IP Survey
> Date:	Thu, 18 Feb 1999 20:58:23 -0800
>

> When was this survey sent out?  As IP Editor for SCETTNS I never saw any
> survey, unless it went to the SCETTNS Office.

I didn't receive it either, even though I am an IP editor for seven
organizations.

> Anyway I thought several IP Editors also volunteered on assisting CCN
> (myself included as Technology Editor).  I admit I cannot make the meetings
> due to work commitments, however I help as best I can via E-mail etc.

And many thanks for your good efforts from me!

<snip>

> It is unlikely that  that we will be able to recruit CCN volunteers from
> the IP editors .  My attempts to involve IP editors in the IP committee
> have been totally unsuccessful.

There are currently thirteen CCN Editors. Eleven of these CCN Editors are
also IP editors for one or more sites (average of 3.54 sites/editor).

Of this group only   Cianfaglionie and myself are from the original
group of CCN Editors. I have recruited the other eleven (and several
others who have come and gone over the past four years). It was precisely
from the pool of IP Editors that I recruited all but two of these. One
I contacted as a result of the volunteers list and the final one I can't
honestly how I contacted.

In addition there are at least 10-12 others who are members of ccn-ip and
are active to varying degrees on the IP Committee. My quick check of them
indicates that all but one are also IP Editors (average of 1.75
sites/editor).

Thus our pool of IP Editors is a very rich ground of potential CCN
volunteers and in contrast to Peter's experience I have been very
successful in recruiting volunteers from this sector.

Cheers,

Chris

Christopher Majka                               <aa051@chebucto.ns.ca>
Editor-in-Chief: Chebucto Community Net - Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
URL = http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Home.html

"We have ... in this country ... far too many captive editors who cannot
even be heard to rattle their chains."              -- Carl E. Lindstrom