Dalhousie Student Website Projects

Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 15:16:33 -0400 (AST)
From: Christopher Majka <nextug@is.dal.ca>
To: Mary-Liz Grise <mlgrise@mgmt.dal.ca>
cc: CCN Information Provider Committee <ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca>, R.E.Klapstein@dal.ca

Hi!

Just to say that I heartily approve of your project and commend you for
it. I've look at your materials and they are clear and useful. I have
already been in touch with one of your students and have steered them to a
community organization and  I'll be very pleased to assist and others that
contact us.

If projects arise from the work of your students that are looking for a
permanent home we shall be very pleased to consider them.

If any of the organizations have it in mind a priori that they might be
seeking a home on the CCN it wouldn't be a bad I idea if your students
contacted us as they were developing their sites so that they knew a
little about what technical resources we offer (various CGI routines &
such), what our installation and editing procedures were, and what we
ask/require of websites on the CCN (at least minimal functionality in Lynx
and an acknowledgement to the CCN on the home page) since working with
such things in mind would greatly facilitate subsequent 'porting' the
sites over to the CCN server with a minimal amount of problems and
adjustment.

I might be a good idea if you mention this to your students. I'll be
pleased to assist any queries and will direct them to the appropriate
sources of information.

Best wishes,

Christopher Majka

Christopher Majka                               <aa051@chebucto.ns.ca>
Editor-in-Chief: Chebucto Community Net - Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
URL = http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Home.html

"We have ... in this country ... far too many captive editors who cannot
even be heard to rattle their chains."              -- Carl E. Lindstrom