Dalhousie Student Website Projects

From: "Mary-Liz Grise" <mlgrise@mgmt.dal.ca>
To: ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca, trc@nsnet.org
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 12:31:09 +0000
CC: ml.grise@dal.ca, R.E.Klapstein@dal.ca

I am a professor in the Dalhousie School of Business. I am currently
teaching a course to primarily 3rd and 4th year Commerce students
in which they have a website development term project.

They have been asked to develop a website for a charitable
organization. There are 233 students who will be working alone or
with a partner, so I anticipate the end product of this project to be
more than 120 websites, many of these for organizations within the
Halifax area. To make the process of finding a client more efficient
for them and less tedious for Halifax organizations, I have complied
and posted a list of organizations from the Chebucto Community Net
and Community Organization Network websites for them to use. I have
also created a discussion board for them to signup for specific
projects. I can provide you with an account for the discussion
board if you wish to see which projects they have chosen.

The project is described on the following page:
http://www.mgmt.dal.ca/courses/comm3511/assign/termproj.htm

which is linked to my coursepage under "Assignments" and "Assignments
3&4":
http://www.mgmt.dal.ca/courses/comm3511/

I have told students (as written in the assignment description) that
the organizations themselves are responsible for the actual
publishing of their finished websites, however, they will be
temporarily stored in and accessed from my course website. In
addition, I have recommended that their clients communicate directly
with you if they wish to take the "plunge" and publish.

As the students look for clients, they are also identifying those
with existing websites beyond those I posted from your websites. I
am posting these to my list of "Clubs and Organizations with
Websites" which can be found at:
http://www.mgmt.dal.ca/courses/comm3511/assign/weblist.htm

I am sending you this note simply to inform you of the project.
Please let me know if I can answer any further questions.

Mary-Liz Grise, PhD
Assistant Professor
Management and Information Sciences
School of Business Administration