CCN future, direction, objectives

Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 23:52:35 -0400 (AST)
From: < @chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Mark Ronald Rushton <Mark@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: Peter Morgan <ae112@chebucto.ns.ca>, ccn-board@chebucto.ns.ca, ccn-comm@chebucto.ns.ca, ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Mark,

On Sun, 14 Feb 1999, Mark Ronald Rushton wrote:

> I've just peeked at a few places where one would expect info like this to
> appear, and discovered:
>
> 	under CSUITE SERVICES, link 13 (cfn.announce) is empty - but as
> 		a newsgroup, that's to be expected.

   This is actually ccn.announce and is a very rarely used newsgroup.

> 	under CSUITE SERVICES, link 24 (WHAT'S NEW on CCN) is woefully
> 		outdated - looks like last update was 1995.

   I've temporarily renamed the file to 'whatsnewback.html' and redirected
the link and the jumpkey to the Beacon's News page, the same link as
below.  It may not be what is the same but at least, it will be recent
news in the meantime.

> 	and under NEWS, EVENTS, HOT TOPICS,
> 		link 2 (Latest News) points to the Beacon (great!)
>

> ...I don't need to have my nose in everything, but at least two of the
> above links do not provide curious users with any useful information at
> all.  Whooops, sorry Sue - looks like I'm generating a bunch of work for
> us.

   The first link is for announcements.  Make an announcement, Mark.  :-)

Editor - News, Events & Hot Topics
Chebucto Community Net