PPP documentation

Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 20:46:28 -0400
To: ppp-help@chebucto.ns.ca, Christopher Majka <nextug@is.dal.ca>
From: Peter Morgan <ae112@chebucto.ns.ca>
Cc: "David L. Potter" <potter@chebucto.ns.ca>, ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca, helpdesk@chebucto.ns.ca

The Ottawa Freenet's experience was that text-based dial-in usage stayed
constant (therefore, no additional text-based dial-in lines needed), but
that with the introduction of PPP, usage shot up (therefore more additional
PPP lines).

Simply fyi

At 12:00 PM 11/01/99 Monday,   wrote:

>Hi Chris et al,
>
>   Regarding David's point, I've commented the link out for the time
>being.
>

>CCN PPP-Help / Userhelp

>On Mon, 11 Jan 1999, Christopher Majka wrote:
>
>> Hi David!
>>
>> On Mon, 11 Jan 1999, David L. Potter wrote:
>> >
>> > I think the lack of 'easy access' to the documentation is related to the
>> > method of roll-out.
>> >
>> > As I understand it, until we get additional phone lines devoted to ppp we
>> > are only going to accept 100 accounts... at which point we will determine
>> > whether the existing lines can handle more subscribers, or whether we have
>> > to get more lines... etc...
>>
>> Roger: good point. I'll let you and   decide whether you want to have a
>> link open at this time from the Help Desk.

Peter Morgan
Chair, Chebucto Community Network
Web:		http://www.chebucto.ns.ca
Email: 	ae112@chebucto.ns.ca
CCN Office:	902.494.2449

GETTING A CHEBUCTO ACCOUNT
Chebucto accounts are free, but a $20/year adult membership is strongly
encouraged. Anyone with modem access and a terminal communications program
(e.g. hyperterminal on Windows 95) can dial in to 902.494.8006 and login as
"guest" with no password. Use the shortcut "g register" to register to
obtain a personal account. Public access facilities are available in all
the library branches in Nova Scotia. People will help! Call 902.494.2449

MISSION STATEMENT
	CCN is a volunteer organization which provides the technology,
infrastructure and training that enables all people in the Greater Halifax
Region to participate in an electronic public space.  Users can gather and
share information and take part in exchanges and dialogue that enrich their
lives and their community.

CHEBUCTO STATS
	4900+ active members
	almost 200 information providers