dalnet_friends ?

Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 13:50:06 -0400 (AST)
From: Justin Little <am904@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: "David L. Potter" <potter@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: dalnet_chat@chebucto.ns.ca, ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca

everything sounds great to me,
the name dalnet_chat will work fine :)
thanks.....

justin...

ps.. this maybe should go to userhelp :P but i was just wandering if there
was some sort of cgi script that will allow ppl to register right away by
clicking on it.. ive already made a registration page for the list
(http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~am904) but was wandering if i could add that
in...

thanks again!

justin

On Fri, 20 Nov 1998, David L. Potter wrote:

> Hi Justin... I'm very sorry about the delay in getting back to you...
> circumstances conspired against me on this one....
>
> There is a problem with the name that I didn't anticipate until I
> created the list and tried to test it.... basically the (part) word
> 'friend' triggers one of our global anti-spam filters and everything
> grinds to a halt.
>
> I changed the listname to dalnet_chat@chebucto.ns.ca and started to reply
> to you... then postponed the message to run another test on it and got
> distracted by some other 'emergency... ;-)'. Then... I moved my mail
> activities to another machine because of a disk problem and my 'postponed'
> messages file is not agreeable to the version of pine I'm now using...
>

> The status is... there _is_ a list dalnet_chat@chebucto.ns.ca that is
> ready to go, if that name is agreeable to you. I'll test it with this
> message... ( you should get two copies of this message... )
>
> Again, I'm sorry about the delay...
>
> david potter

<sniped>