landon: mailing list creation

Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 21:11:03 -0300
From: Gerard MacNeil <macneil@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: CSuite Tech Reports <csuite-tech@chebucto.ns.ca>

On Sat, 3 May 1997, Carrie Gates wrote:

> It's a bug.  Ed and I just checked the new install on frugal and editors
> was not in aliases.  (Nor was ip-help or any other such alias.)  editors
> is not defined on csuite or landon either.  Does anyone know how to fix
> this?

It sounds like the mksub was not run in src/etc/zmailer/proto/db/'.  There
is a needs to be a proper 'aliases' file in there before zmailer gets
built.  The distribution has an aliases-csuite with the '@@@' variables.

I'd say check all the build versions of the '*-csuite' files in
src/etc/zmailer/proto.

You may need to check that 'CS_ROOT/etc/mail/bin/newaliases' exists after
the build as well.  The first time 'zmailer' is run, it constructs the
usable 'aliases' list in the Db of choice (ie. ndbm, gbdm, etc).

And I noted zmailer-2.99.48 seems to have renamed the script 'zmailer' to
'zmailer.sh' - which will screw up csuite-cron.

Gerard MacNeil, P. Eng.