wwhcn: editing info/Help HTML files

Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 15:56:04 -0300
From: Gerard MacNeil <macneil@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: techteam@wwhcn.cnet.windsor.ns.ca
cc: CSuite Technical Reports <csuite-tech@chebucto.ns.ca>

On Sat, 19 Apr 1997, Patricia Gould-Thorpe wrote:

> This was a desperate attempt to get editing access to the files in the
> Help directories. How do I do this?

hd-edit is the proper edit group, but as CSuite distributed files, they
need special handling.

I've sent a query to David Potter and Landon Boyd to try to find out how
it is supposed to work for CSuite Distributed HTML files.  There are
Copytight issues, Internet search engine issues, reliability/accuracy
issues, and some other aspecs.

I know there was a fair degree of dialog about it, but I don't think it
was ever resolved to everyone's satisfaction.  A completely new /Help
directory is in the works for the official CSuite-1.0 release, and as a
Beta release, what you got is a copy of the old stuff.

I think the proper resolution for WWHCN will be to consider the /Help
files as WWHCN resources, to be dealt with as you see fit.  However I wish
to await DavidP and Landon's advise on the matter first.

Gerard MacNeil, P. Eng..